Thursday, April 24, 2008

Travel Companion



Okay, little bit of background on this page.

1. The picture: we took this upon arrival in Italy, after our trip to Paris. It wasn't the best quality picture because it was dark and we were holding the camera. But I love the picture of us in front of the plane - I had never been on the tarmac until this trip - very exciting. Well, in an attempt to improve the quality, I was playing with black and white and some other actions, and it ended up looking like a newspaper photo. And that's when it hit me to do a newspaper page.

2. Journaling: Matt seriously is so fun to travel with. He is so street smart and knows people and how to work with big crowds and new situations. We have traveled a fair amount in our four years together (NYC, Miami, San Francisco, Paris, etc.) and everywhere we go I'm amazed at his ability to get around. He just knows what he's doing. I LOVE traveling with him because when I'm a freak/stress case/dork on the trips, he's just the opposite. He's just cool. Plus there's nothing like traveling with a hottie! So, what I said is really true. I probably had these thoughts about 50 times during our month overseas.

3. Ryan Air: This is a plug for Ryan Air. Use it when you go to Europe...you won't be disappointed. It's kind of the Southwest of the United States - only with planes that work...and cheaper prices.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Not only do I love this cute page, but I love what you said because I feel the same way. You know it's funny...you and I are a lot alike and so are our husbands! My Matt is just like your Matt when we travel. It's the complete opposite of me, and I'm convinced I would never enjoy traveling if I didn't have him around to be a calming influence.