Sunday, October 19, 2008

52 Blessings: Week 5

Yesterday I ran a 5K that was set up to raise money for Stephanie Nielson's recovery. It was a really fun race with lots of kids and happy people! And for the first time, I actually took HD with me for a race. I loved having her with me and listening to excitement as people cheered us on.
As I ran I thought about how much of a blessing running is. It helps me stay in shape. It gets me outside (except when it's freezing cold). It allows me to spend time with family members when we run races. I get cool t-shirts. It's a good hour of time with HD. The reasons go on and on. I'm so grateful for running...and that it's a hobby that I really do enjoy.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Love this page, I want to run another 1/2.

Leslie said...

I found your blog from myspace...we live in Pleasant Grove. Keeping busy after my boys (lukeandleslie@blogspot.com)

I didn't know you were such an avid scrapbooker. I just started going to a new bookclub and made me think of you.